What is apple cider vinegar? Why would it have any health benefits?
5 Proven Health Benefits of Apple Cider Vinegar
1. Diabetes- Apple cider vinegar can help with blood sugar control.
2. Anti-microbial properties—Apple cider vinegar may keep the bacteria on your salad from getting out of control
3. Weight loss- Can apple cider vinegar help with weight loss?
4. High Blood Pressure- will apple cider vinegar be the end of hydrochlorothiazide? It won’t.
5. Esophageal Cancer- Does apple cider vinegar have anti-cancer properties?
Are there any side effects to using apple cider vinegar?
The acid in apple cider vinegar may erode your teeth enamel. You may want to guzzle some water after drinking it.
Anecdotally, acidic foods or liquids like vinegar may exacerbate acid reflux.
If you have chronic kidney disease, your kidneys may not be able to process the excess acid that comes along with drinking apple cider vinegar.
What’s the bottom line about apple cider vinegar and its health benefits?
Like any supplement, apple cider vinegar won’t replace a healthy lifestyle. (Check out my post on black seed oil if you are interested in supplements.)
It’s great on salads. Plus, it may have anti-microbial properties.
Two tablespoons of apple cider vinegar may help with weight loss.
- Apple cider vinegar may modestly help people with diabetes, but it shouldn’t be the only component of a treatment plan.
Overall, we need more to studies to truly understand the health benefits and side effects associated with apple cider vinegar.